When to start:
From 6 months as part of a balaced diet
Contains gluten, unsweetened, milk free, stool softening, easily digestible
Whole grain spelt flour, Vitamin B1 (required by law)
Multi-purpose product. Quick and easy preparation without cooking. Can be fed through a bottle or as a porridge in combination with fresh milk or as a non-dairy fruit or vegetable meal. Instead of fresh milk, the porridge may be prepared using a combination of Holle Semolina Porridge and Holle Organic Infant Formula 1 or Holle Organic Infant Follow-on Formula 2/3 or Holle Organic Infant Goat Milk Follow-on Formula.
The whole grain is prepared into a light, easily digestible and baby-friendly food. The full goodness of the grain is released with heat and moisture into the cereal and is therefore ideal for the development and growth of a baby. Through the use of the whole grain kernel, the natural contents and nutrients of the grain and seedling are retained.
Organic and Biodynamic (Demeter)
Spelt is seen as a healing grain that is easily digestible. Compared to wheat, spelt is also higher in B complex vitamins and higher in both simple and complex carbohydrates.
It also contains significantly more protein. Another important benefit which is due to its low gluten nature, is that people who suffer from wheat intolerance disease (gluten-sensitivity) have been able to include spelt-based foods in their diets.
Holle sets highest standards for infant foods
- No pesticides or chemical fertilisers are used to grow our raw ingredients.
- We use only biodynamically or organically grown food.
- A close working relationship with our Demeter certified farmers guarantees a long term supply of high quality raw ingredients.
- We take great care of our raw ingredients and how they are processed and cooked. We ensure this through an ongoing quality control system.
- Every item of food we produce is constantly checked to make sure it meets the highest legal, safety and nutritional requirements.
- Every one of our baby foods are guaranteed to be free from genetically modified ingredients (in accordance with EU regulations). We never use artificial flavourings, colourings or preservatives, and we don’t add refined sugar.
The contents of the Knysna Health website shall not be regarded as medical advice, or a basis from which to make medical decisions. The use of information found on this site is completely your responsibility and at your own risk. Our recommendation is that if you have health concerns that you feel unsure about how to deal with, that you contact your trusted health professional for personalized advice.