Solgar® Chewable Vitamin C 500 mg contains Vitamin C, an antioxidant vitamin essential to the body’s health and is often seasonally used to support the immune system. Vitamin C is also known to support healthy skin and joints. Also known as Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin.
Unlike most other animals, humans cannot make their own Vitamin C. With Vitamin C playing a role in more than 300 bodily functions, life itself depends on regular replenishment. Its primary function is to maintain Collagen, a protein necessary for the formation of skin, ligaments, bones and teeth, and for the strength of blood vessel walls. In addition, Vitamin C plays an important part in the absorption of Iron, which is necessary for the formation of red blood cells. It also plays a role in the utilisation of Folic Acid, one of the B-Complex Vitamins.
It is well noted that Vitamin C is destroyed by food preparation more than any other nutrient. It is also well known that the body does not store Vitamin C, but tends to excrete excess amounts.
Vitamin C also contributes to:
• The normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth
• The normal energy-yielding metabolism
• The normal functioning of the nervous system
• The normal psychological function
• The normal functioning of the immune system, as well as during and after intense physical exercise
• The protection of cells from oxidative stress
• The reduction of tiredness and fatigue
• The regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
• The increase of iron absorption
All Solgar® products meet our industry recognized “Gold Standard” for excellence. Made using naturally sourced ingredients and innovating since 1947, Solgar® is your perfect supplement to good health – 98% of Solgar® consumers recommend the brand*
*Global Praxis online shopper survey 2017, which included 3,882 VMS consumers.
Food supplements should not be used instead of a varied balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.