THE CACAO BEAN
Chocolate is one of the world’s most well-loved foods, yet very few people have ever had the real food that all chocolate comes from – cacao beans! Cacao beans are the seeds of the cacao fruit – it is truly a nut which grows on a jungle tree. Cacao beans are 100% pure dark chocolate! Raw Cacao powder is high in energy, dietary fibre and a source of magnesium.
Our Organic Chocolate is carefully dried and processed – the temperature is never allowed to exceed 47ºC (most other cocoa products are exposed to temperatures as high as 150ºC)
This low temperature process keeps delicate vitamins, minerals and antioxidants intact and avoids the formation of trans-fats, allowing for maximum digestion and absorption.
What is Raw Cacao?
Cacao is chocolate, chocolate in its raw state – unheated, NO trans fats, NO sugars, NO dairy. 100% pure, dark chocolate.
Why to eat Raw Cacao?
* Cacao is the second highest antioxidant food in the world (second only to blue-green algae).
* Raw Cacao is also a fantastic food source of heart-supporting Magnesium.
* Cacao contains anti-depressant properties and a great source of well-studied neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine, which are associated with feelings of well being.
* Cacao contains mood enhancing nutrients.
* Cacao contains MAO Inhibitors, which helps to diminish the appetite making it a very satisfying snack.
How to use Raw Cacao Powder
Cacao Powder has a strong, rich, dark bitter chocolate flavour. Perfect to make raw chocolate desserts of all kinds. Blend into your favourite smoothies for a taste and health boost. Make your own healthy chocolate at home.
Superfoods Cacao is of the highest grade and quality worldwide and are certified to have been grown organically – free from any chemicals.