Truefood Black Quinoa is NON GMO, Gluten free and has a low glycaemic index (LOW-GI), this ancient grain is easy to digest, and contains all essential amino acids making it a complete protein and ideal for vegan and vegetarian diets.
Considered to be a pseudo-cereal, Quinoa is not actually a grain but a seed that is rich in vitamins and minerals. White quinoa has the same high quality nutrition and earthy flavour as red quinoa, it is great for salads or as a healthy alternative to rice, that adds much needed nutrients to a meal
- High in Iron an important component of haemoglobin that carries oxygen from our blood to our lungs
- Rich in manganese that fights free radicals within the body and acts as an anti-oxidant
- High in Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorus that are crucial for healthy bones and teeth
- Rich in Protein that is crucial for many functions within the body
- High in B vitamins that help to maintain energy levels throughout the day
Product of Peru – Packed in South Africa
Add 1 cup raw quinoa to two cups water and gently simmer for 20-30 minutes until tender and all the water is absorbed.
Preparation time: 20-30 mins (1 cup raw = approx. 3 cups cooked)
Truefood makes a simple promise: wholesome, “clean” foods sourced from quality suppliers and offered at fair prices. The range is expanding rapidly, so look out for fresh additions.