It’s a six-pack of mushroom species, handpicked for their immune-enhancing properties. The pick of the six is Cordyceps sinensis. The energy generator.
Medicinal mushrooms are nothing new. They’ve been used for centuries in Eastern medicine to strengthen the immune system and achieve all-round internal balance. Science is finally beginning to work out why. Well done, guys.
HOW WILL MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS HELP YOU?
Medicinal mushroom supplements have been shown to enhance immune function and help a range of conditions, including:
- Immune-system dysfunctions
- Respiratory problems
- Inflammatory and autoimmune diseases
- Cardiovascular conditions, like high cholesterol, heart disease, arrhythmias
- Liver and kidney conditions
- Diabetes and blood-sugar imbalances
- Certain cancers
WHAT ARE THE MUSHROOMS IN THE MIX?
- Cordyceps sinensis – 50% by weight
- Maitake (Grifola frondosa) – 10%
- Agaricus blazei – 10%
- Coriolus versicolor – 10%
- Reishi – 10%
- Shiitake – 10%
MAKING MOLEHILLS OF MOUNTAINS. Tibetan sherpas take Cordyceps when climbing Mount Everest. Really. This is because the mushroom helps the body to produce energy and utilise oxygen more efficiently. Imagine what it does for athletes and the elderly.
1. THE MAIN MUSHROOM: CORDYCEPS SINENSIS
What? You can find this mushroom growing at high altitudes in the mountains of China, Tibet and Nepal – or making up 50% of The Real Thing Medicinal Mushrooms. Whichever is easier.
What else? It was first recorded in 2800 BC in the Pen Tsao, an ancient Chinese directory of medicinal plants. And it’s been used to boost energy, immunity and stamina until today. It’s a supplement of choice for many world-class athletes.
AN INTERESTING STORY: At the 1993 World Outdoor Track and Field Championships, a team of Chinese runners outran the competition…and nine international records. Their secret? According to the coach it was a potent Cordyceps sinensis tonic. We have a winner.
WHAT’S IN CORDYCEPS SINENSIS?
- Vitamins B1, B2, B12, E, and K
- Various minerals, including magnesium, iron, zinc, selenium and calcium
- Protein and essential amino acids
- A range of sugars and polysaccharides
HOW DOES CORDYCEPS HELP YOU?
- MORE IMMUNITY. Immune function goes up and infection goes down. Cordyceps helps fight fatigue and immune-compromised states. Plus it increases the activity of superoxide dismutase, or SOD (a powerful enzyme and antioxidant).
- MORE ENERGY. A 2001 study published in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine showed that Cordyceps ups the concentration of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) in cells. Actually, it increases ATP production by an amazing 29%. And because ATP is basically an energy transporter, more ATP means more energy for cells to use. Bonus.
- MORE ATHLETICISM. It’s been shown to help boost VO2 max and improve oxygen utilisation – sporty speak for saying it gives you more stamina, increased energy levels and improved endurance.
- AND EVEN MORE. It’s been used clinically to help manage…
– Respiratory, renal and liver disease
- Memory loss
- Diabetes and insulin resistance – A 2002 study in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that Cordyceps helps lower blood glucose levels and increase insulin sensitivity. Great for diabetics and people with insulin resistance.
- Sexual dysfunction in men – an established aphrodisiac in Eastern medicine.
- High cholesterol – a documented cholesterol lowering food, it helps increase good HDL cholesterol, decrease bad LDL cholesterol and bring extra benefit when used with cholesterol lowering meds.
- Cancer – a 1999 study in the Japanese Journal of Pharmacology showed that Cordyceps is anti-carcinogenic and anti-metastatic. It’s also widely used to boost and protect the body during destructive chemotherapy and radiation.
2. THE OTHER MUSHROOMS IN THE MIX
At 50% of the total mix, Cordyceps is clearly the star of the show. But there is a strong backup act – five medicinal fungi at 10% each.
|THE MUSHROOM||WHAT’S SPECIAL ABOUT IT?|
FACT: University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Centre reports that cancer patients who get PSK along with their surgery, chemo or radiation have longer disease-free periods and survival rates than those who don’t.
FACT: Studies say that Reishi can remove or at least reduce the side-effects of chemo and radiation therapy (like hair-loss, nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite) if taken before, during and after treatments.
WHAT MAKES MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS THE REAL THING?
- What we put in it. Only the purest and most potent powdered medicinal mushrooms.
- What we don’t put in it. No gluten, binders, fillers, brown rice, maltodextrin, colorants, flavourants, preservatives or additives of any kind.
- How the mushrooms are grown and made. Our mushrooms are 100% organic and full-spectrum, meaning the entire mushroom is used – both the fruit body (the part above ground) and the mycelium (an underground mass of filaments). Most mushroom supplements only include the cheaper and less nutritious mycelium. The Real Thing Medicinal Mushrooms is a more complete food.
HOW DO YOU TAKE IT?
Take 2 capsules daily. Best taken with a starchy meal. Avoid taking with fruit, which speeds up gut transit time and reduces absorption.
|DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this website is not intended as a substitute for advice provided by a competent health care professional or Doctor. You should not use this information in diagnosing or treating a health problem. No information or opinion in this page/website is intended to be, nor should be construed to be, medical advice. If you are taking any medicines (prescribed or not), or have a medical condition, please consult a physician or health care professional, who is aware of herb/drug interactions before taking any herbal or natural supplements.|
Copyright © 2015 The Real Thing