PRO-Protein contains all the amino acid puzzle pieces that come together to form collagen. And collagen is the main structural protein in cartilage, tendons, ligaments, bones, skin, hair and nails.
What else? Our marine collagen is hydrolyzed for easier digestion and absorption. This means it clocks in quicker, and gets to work boosting natural collagen levels and helping to rebuild cartilage and other connective tissues.
FACT: Collagen production slows down as you age. Unfortunately. Skin starts to wrinkle. Joints start to crumble. Bones and muscles start to slacken and take strain. The message? Put more in. You’ll get more out.
WHAT’S IN IT?
Protein is made up of amino acids. PRO-Protein marine collagen is made up of these ones…
- PROLINE, HYDROXYPROLINE AND HYDROXYLYSINE. You can’t make collagen without this trio of amino acids – in fact, hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine are collagen specialists and only found in this protein. All three help make collagen more stable, which helps keep joint tissues strong and stable too. We love them for that.
- GLYCINE. While most proteins don’t contain much glycine, collagen contains about 35%. It’s an important neurotransmitter and is needed for a healthy immune system. But, more importantly for our purposes, it plays a role in the production of glycogen, the stored form of glucose that muscles use for fuel.
- ARGININE. It stimulates the release of growth hormones, which helps tissue to heal after injury. It also benefits the heart and circulatory system. And if that’s not enough it also improves sexual function (nothing to do with bones and joints, but a pretty nice extra).
FACT: Research suggests that supplementing with hydrolyzed collagen actually boosts the body’s natural collagen production too. Collagen begets more collagen. How convenient.
HOW DOES IT HELP?
- GENERAL JOINT HEALTH. Collagen is an essential component of healthy bones, cartilage, tendons and ligaments. It helps improves joint strength. It helps decrease joint pain. And it helps increase flexibility. All at once.
- ARTHRITIS. Trials have found that arthritis patients who take a daily dose of hydrolyzed collagen are able to reduce their medication. It’s also been shown that this protein is more effective in the treatment of arthritis than physical therapy – although it will probably improve the physical therapy too (read on to see why).
- SPORTS PERFORMANCE. Marine collagen makes athletes more athletic. It’s an excellent source of glycine, the amino acid that allows the body to produce more glycogen for muscle fuel. Studies also show that peptides (basically chains of amino acids) can improve recovery and reduce post-exercise stress and injury after strenuous training.
- MUSCLES. It helps build lean muscle mass by supplying the right raw material. Plus it reduces muscle stress and strain after heavy training.
- SKIN, HAIR AND NAILS. Collagen makes up the strong protein scaffold in skin, hair and nails. So it’s used to effectively treat skin disorders and helps strengthen hair and nail follicles.
- NUTRITION. It’s rich source of lean protein.
FACT: The hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine found exclusively in collagen are pretty nice amino acids. They help to smooth fine lines and increase skin elasticity. To keep you pretty and nice.
WHAT MAKES PRO-PROTEIN THE REAL THING?
- It’s ultra-pure and concentrated– approximately 95% protein.
- No fat, cholesterol and refined sugars – unlike most other proteins.
- No additives of any kind.
- No side-effects or safety issues.
HOW DO YOU TAKE IT?
Mix 1 slightly heaped teaspoon (5g) of PRO-Protein into a glass of water, juice, a smoothie or your favourite sports drink. For a higher dose, and for use in sports, this can be increased to up to 1 heaped tablespoon two to three times daily, or consult your health practitioner.
|DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this website is not intended as a substitute for advice provided by a competent health care professional or Doctor. You should not use this information in diagnosing or treating a health problem. No information or opinion in this page/website is intended to be, nor should be construed to be, medical advice. If you are taking any medicines (prescribed or not), or have a medical condition, please consult a physician or health care professional, who is aware of herb/drug interactions before taking any herbal or natural supplements.|
Copyright © 2015 The Real Thing